PyTexas 2023: Day 2
- Python is the
second best language for [doing] everything [together].
- Simple is better than complex.
- Python transforms us from programmers into problem solvers.
- Aside from HTML/CSS, the entire stack can be built with Python!
- HTMX 😍
- Healthcare coordination is a mess, with no interoperability.
- Enter the Electronic Health Record, but it had low adoption because it was only a syntactic protocol.
- Enter HL7FHIR which was syntactic, semantic, and even had an API scheme.
- Empathize – Curiosity about your users.
- Define – Understand a problem.
- Ideate – Creativity in idea generation.
- Prototype – Build the right thing.
- Test your assumptions.
- You wouldn’t pickup and chew gum (FOSS) from a wall would you? Would you!?
- Attacks on FOSS are increasing, and Sigstore hopes to fix this.
- ttl.sh, an anonymous and ephemeral Docker image registry.
- HoloViz, a framework for developing data visualization dashboards.
- Pants, a fast, scalable, user-friendly build and developer workflow.
- Ruff, an extremely fast Python linter.
- Digital Investigations (open-source research), research that uses info that is publicly available.
- Research sources include public geospatial, media, user-generated, and archive data.
- Open-source research and software have similar names, different histories, and both use Python as their language of choice.
Reply via email
- Schools, when compared to industry, focus on code instead of other import aspects like tests, documentation, and collaboration.
- Book Recommendations
- Being Geek: The Software Developer’s Career Handbook
- A Philosophy of Software Design
- Think Like a Programmer: An Introduction to Creative Problem Solving
- Single click to select by character, double click to select by word, triple click to select by line!